Чат создан с помощью Chatovod.ru.

Клан "Пирожочек"

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Клан "Пирожочек" » Пирожковая флудильня » Let's improve our English skills

Let's improve our English skills

Сообщений 1 страница 19 из 19

Well, I thought, that it could be at least a bit useful, so that's why I decided to start the topic. All messages herein have to be in English.

So I presume this could be somehow dedicated to English language then, unless someone would want to chat on something else.

As a start - I see how some funny phrases make a difference when you communicate in an international community. I especially enjoy the US guys talking on conferences and it is widely acknowledged that while even being less professional they can talk their way out of tough questions just by fluency.

So I started to collect them from different broadcasts in English and add them to my e-mails sent within a project team.
One of the latest that I enjoyed a lot was - We do not want to be sad pandas when the deadline comes.

I had to attend several conferences in the past, so I have some useful phrases in my possession too, yet this one I liked the most.
Dead cat bounce is a purely financial term, meaning a rather small and temporary recovery from a prolonged decline that is followed by the continuation of the downtrend.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/CunBX.gif

This seems to be definitely financial term and might be understood incorrectly when used in clinical research industry  :crazyfun:

I have a universal sentence that works when you have a good team. You can add "May the Force be with you" after you have given some nasty task to complete ASAP  :writing:

It's impossible!
Wery good thema! Ich bin know inglish sprache. Inglishmen in New-York and wsoy takoe, la-lalala-lalala-lala-lala-lalala
ACAB

Человек написал(а):

It's impossible!
Wery good thema! Ich bin know inglish sprache. Inglishmen in New-York and wsoy takoe, la-lalala-lalala-lala-lala-lalala
ACAB

?????? I think,not ACAB. Right words for this single-put in high low. What do you think about this?

I see this topics has achieved the whole new level of awesome  :cool:

Отредактировано Огр костоправ (2019-03-05 15:24:35)

Vanyanoi97 написал(а):

?????? I think,not ACAB. Right words for this single-put in high low. What do you think about this?

Чуток не догнал. "single-put in high low" - это "Путин Единственный Высочайше Нижайший(Темнейший)?"

Человек написал(а):

Чуток не догнал. "single-put in high low" - это "Путин Единственный Высочайше Нижайший(Темнейший)?"

Единственная Высочайше Нижайшая(Темнейшая) Печенька!

Du bereits Ausweis in den Himmel sich

NOOOOOO! It's joke!

Человек написал(а):

Du bereits Ausweis in den Himmel sich

Germans in da house!

Огр костоправ написал(а):

Germans in da house!

Maschingeveri,Schturmgeveri, vidkrivai potvoro dveri

Each and every time I see something written in German all I want to do is to sing:

Sieben, Sieben, ai lyu lyu
Sieben, Sieben, ein, zwei
ein, zwei, drei

Карамель_ написал(а):

Each and every time I see something written in German all I want to do is to sing:

Sieben, Sieben, ein, zwei
ein, zwei, drei

my childhood

About the subject that the ogre raised - I agree that fluency can help out a lot in a conversation, even if your vocabulary or grammar isn't perfect. In fact, I believe that people who study English too hard, often end up speaking too eloquently, which seems very unnatural to native English speakers because they usually speak in plain language. So the irony is that these language learners try to fit in by speaking a very high level of English, while in reality they end up only looking different and their manner of speaking seems unnatural. If you want to learn how to speak a language - always listen to natives of that language and adapt according to what they do, not what the books tell you  :cool:

A few more expressions I have picked up since my last post here:

Down to the wire
No man's land
Across the board

Огр костоправ написал(а):

Germans in da house!

Вот ты шутишь, а мне как-то, по долгу работы, пришлось находится внутри газохода котла-утилизатора. Темно, жиденький фанарик, на другом конце газохода пятно света: разобранная часть проточной части газовой турбины Siemens. И оттуда доносятся команды рабочим - на немецком языке (дело в Питере было). Сразу вспомнился 42-й год, и почувствовал я себя натуральным белорусским партизаном в тылу врага. :unsure:

сорри за оффтоп)

айн вольк, айн рейх, айн фюрер. Зиг хайль

Вы здесь » Клан "Пирожочек" » Пирожковая флудильня » Let's improve our English skills